Thursday, February 2, 2012

Interview with Johannes Falk

While listening to Johannes Falk sing about being a pilgrim, an idea popped into my head.  There was so much I wanted to know about him and his journey, more than was said in his CD.  I thought, I'll see if I can interview him.  After the concert, I asked him, and he graciously assented.

About a week or so later, we made a date to talk on the telephone.

The conversation moved me very much.  There was much of his story that resonated with my own.  Someone said that those who grow up in strict religious homes have an especially difficult time finding their own relationship with a loving, personal God.  I know that is my experience, and I sensed that some of that was true for him as well.

Johannes Falk is one of only a few "Christian" singers whose music I can say I really like.  It's a relief to have finally find one, and to be able to recommend him to you.

But enough said.  Read the interview.  It's here, under the page "Traveling Companions".  There is also a link to one of the songs he refers to.  Even if you don't understand any German, you'll get a sense of who he is and what this song is about.

Enjoy!



No comments: